About the Award
Annual award to honor a professional or community member in our region (eastern Nebraska and western Iowa) who has made a significant impact in the field of child abuse in the area(s) of: victim services, victim education, systems issues, or prevention education.
- Professional or community member currently active in the field of child advocacy
- Made significant, long-term contributions to the well-being of children
- Helped establish new collaborations between agencies or had a significant impact on “systems”
- Demonstrates a vision where children’s best interests are at the forefront of professionals’ activities – i.e., “Kids First” philosophy
Honoring commitment and distinguished service to the children of our community.
The 2023 recipients will be recognized at the Project Harmony’s Speaking of Children Luncheon on Tuesday April 18, 2023, at the Embassy Suites Omaha – La Vista Hotel & Conference Center.
On behalf of the selection committee, thank you so much for taking time to consider nominating someone for this award! Below is the nomination form, which can be emailed to (email@example.com) or faxed (402-595-1329) to Project Harmony by end of day November 30, 2022.
2022 Award Winners
- Michael Davenport – Fire Apparatus Engineer, Omaha Fire Department
- Malina (Mimi) Dobson – Assistant County Attorney, Pottawattamie County, IA
- Courtney Koenig – Social Worker, King Elementary School
2020/2021 Award Winners
- John Bergin – Arbor Family Counseling
- Peg Harriott – Child Saving Institute
- Lt. Tracy Scherer – Special Victims Unit, Omaha Police Department