This course prepares mandatory reporters with the knowledge and skills to recognize and report child abuse and neglect along with an overview of the different types of abuse and their prevalence in Nebraska. In this training, participants will consider challenges associated with reporting abuse and neglect, learn about asking minimal facts questions, and receive resources that will help with knowing how and when to report.
- Learn the different types of child abuse and neglect
- Know what to do when they suspect child abuse and neglect
- Understand how to report child abuse and neglect
- Learn what questions to ask when child abuse and neglect is suspected
- Understand what happens when a report is made