In this session, trainees will learn about the impact of trauma on their clients, themselves, and in the working relationship between child welfare professionals and clients. Specific skills in how to apply trauma informed in working with clients will be provided.
Beginning in January 2023, the registration process for instructor-led trainings has changed. Start by adding the course to your cart and complete the checkout process. Once checkout is complete, you will be routed to your dashboard. You must now select which session to attend. Click the course title to see course details. Then click Content near the top. Then click the purple course title, which should be #1 in the content list. Then click the purple “Register” button. Select the session you’d like to attend. Confirm the session in the popup by clicking “Register.”
IF YOU DO NOT CONFIRM A SESSION, YOU WILL NOT BE FULLY ENROLLED.
If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 531-301-5079.
Spring 2023 Sessions:
– January 17, 1-3pm at Project Harmony
– February 6, 9-11am at Project Harmony
– March 8, 9-11am at Council Bluffs Public Library
– March 28, 1-3pm at Project Harmony
– May 3, 9-11am at Project Harmony
– June 27, 1-3pm Webinar
- Define trauma, traumatic stress, and analyze trauma’s impact on the brain and body
- Recognize vicarious trauma and create self-care plans
- Apply basic tenets of trauma-informed care to case scenarios and examples