This course prepares case workers for situations that can arise while working in the client’s home directly with children and families. In this training, participants will discuss challenges associated with working with families in their homes and how to manage stressful situations while keeping oneself and the families safe. Participants will learn how to spot unsafe situations. Be advised that this is an introductory training with basic information most helpful to new case workers. It would be a reminder of best practices to those who have been in the field longer.
Beginning in January 2023, the registration process for instructor-led trainings has changed. Start by adding the course to your cart and complete the checkout process. Once checkout is complete, you will be routed to your dashboard. You must now select which session to attend. Click the course title to see course details. Then click Content near the top. Then click the purple course title, which should be #1 in the content list. Then click the purple “Register” button. Select the session you’d like to attend. Confirm the session in the popup by clicking “Register.”
IF YOU DO NOT CONFIRM A SESSION, YOU WILL NOT BE FULLY ENROLLED.
If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 531-301-5079.
Remaining 2023 Sessions:
– July 20, 9-11am at Project Harmony
– October 25, 1-3pm at Project Harmony
Please contact the Project Harmony Training Institute at email@example.com to request accommodations for participants hard of hearing
- Describe general roles of a home visit worker
- Discuss the types of safety threats and be able to identify indicators of potentially dangerous situations
- Build communication skills that can help de-escalate a situation
- Recognize the different response options when faced with a safety threat and when to utilize each option