Students work in a juvenile court or advocacy organization in Omaha, Lincoln, or Council Bluffs under the supervision of child advocacy professionals on child welfare issues.
Who May Apply?
Law students interested in working on child abuse and neglect issues. Students who will graduate May 2019 are NOT eligible to apply.
May 28-31, 2019 — attend mandatory training at Project Harmony.
June 3-August 9, 2019 — 10-week internship (400 hours in placement).
2019 possible placements for students will include working as a law clerk for a juvenile court judge, working in juvenile county attorney offices, working on policy issues and research for community-based child advocacy organizations.
Gross salary is $5,000 for the ten-week internship period.
Housing & Transportation
Obtaining housing and transportation for the duration of the internship is the responsibility of the intern.
Program Requirements Summary
- Attend training week (May 28-31, 2019)
- Complete 40 hours/week for 10 weeks (400 hours) in the internship placement (June 3-August 9, 2019)
- Submit weekly time sheets and field notes
- Participate in Legal Summer Institute (LSI) meetings during the summer
- Complete a final evaluation
- Submit 3-5 page written summary about the internship experience (August 2019)