NOTE: This is webinar version of our live classroom training using Zoom Web Conferencing.
The purpose of this training is to provide child welfare professionals with foundational knowledge about trauma and its effect on children and families as well as explore strategies that are trauma-informed in working with populations with a history of trauma.
- Be able to define trauma and describe how it differs from everyday stress
- Learn how to view behaviors and interactions with children and families through a trauma lens
- Identify the impact trauma may have on childhood developmental tasks
- Understand the role of resilience on buffering the effects of traumatic events
- Create a draft trauma-informed safety plan and understand how to use it with the children and families they serve
- Be able to describe ways they can help children and families experiencing traumatic stress reactions